- Our Rating: 3 / 5
|Google Play Downloads||5,968,064,095|
Messenger is a text and video chat app developed by Facebook that has been installed on over one billion devices. It’s free and offers unlimited texting, voice calls, video chat and video calling, and group video chat. It’s an all-in-one communication tool that’s easy to navigate and good for personal or business use. Best of all, it connects to your Facebook account.
Add your debit or credit card and you can use Messenger to send and receive money securely from friends and business contacts. The app is compatible across all devices, so you can use it on your phone, your laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. You can also use the app to send files, photos and videos direct to a contact instead of posting them on your wall.
The newest version of Messenger has an expanded library of stickers and emojis and special “dark mode” option if you want to cut down on glare. As with any Facebook product, the app is updated regularly, so you can expect more to come in the near future.
- Cross app messaging and calling with Instragram.
- The app is compatible to use across multiple platforms.
- Vanish mode – a feature users can enable to make messages disappear after the user exit the chat.
- Privacy settings let the user choose who can reach them and where those messages are sent.
- Customize reactions to messages with the large selection of emojis to choose from.
- Customize chats with different themes and colours.
- Screen sharing.
- Fun filters to use in video chat.
- Record and send voice clips and video recordings.
- Share files, images and videos.
- Send and receive money securely and easily with friends and family right in the app by adding your debit card, PayPal account or reloadable prepaid card
- Using the app is free.
- User friendly
- Compatible to use with various platforms.
- Screen sharing as well as sharing files.
- Many users frustrated with issues after updates.
- Users who have sent messages to support did not receive responses back to resolve their issue.
- Users unable to send or receive messages despite having stable data connection.
Messenger is an all-in-one communication app, complete with unlimited text, voice, video calling and group video chat features. Easily sync your messages and contacts to your smart phone and connect with anyone, anywhere there is Wi-Fi or a data connection.